Monday, June 23, 2008

Decompressing. . .

My incredibly ornate and interconnected schedule has reached its simplifying point. . . I got to my friend's house at about 7 last night after a traffic-filled drive down. . . about seven hours of it. Whew! Since then, I have been breathing deeply and remembering what I LIKE to do.

The enormity of time, when contrasted to the exactly-scheduled life I (we?) often lead, is remarkable. I keep stretching--and, I must admit, looking at the clock on my computer. "Hey, it's only. . . " becomes a refrain. Maybe soon I'll stop looking! But it was surely a gift to wake up at 5:30 am today to a spectacular rain storm and NOT have the to-do list click into my head. I rolled over and slept until. . .seven thirty. Not much from a teen ager's perspective, but a welcome unwinding from mine.

Just lying around. That's a gift!

No comments: