Elder and BH left for the DR trip last night. They flew out this am at 6, so stayed overnight in Portland. Got a call this morning that they were on time to leave NYC at 11:17 for Santa Domingo! Much excitement, and it seems that Younger and I are settling down after the anticipation as well. Here's a shot of most of the group from our church prior to departure.
A few more things I like:
1. Our big sturdy new drying rack. I can fit TWO loads of laundry onto it, and that means NO DRYER USE. Yay!
2. Sun on snow. Wow.
3. The Amos Lee cd Elder gave me for Christmas. I play it all the time. He's my new Norah Jones!
4. Meals of soup, bread, and salad, sometimes, but not always, made by someone other than me.
5. Well-written British chick lit.
6. The booties that I can whip through in five-days-provided-we-have-a-long-faculty-meeting-and-a-snow-day. They're fun, very functional, and easy to make. Here's a not-very-good picture of the very pair that earned that name: