Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April 1, Wednesday: Melting, Sunshine, and a good book!

The House We Grew Up InThe House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Really enjoyed this book, which handled multiple character lines with aplomb, though the Lorelei emails were a bit tiresome--necessary to the plot, but she annoyed me as a character, so I didn't like reading her gushing. Certainly there was an element of reality TV as Jewell unfolded the hoarding elements of the plot, and the unpacking made a satisfying theme. A trifle overwrought at the very end: I don't think people can change quite as whole-heartedly as Megan does (or at least not so quickly), but my optimistic self didn't quibble. An interesting and well-written "peopley book," as a former student used to say.

View all my reviews

No comments: