Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 18: How the HECK did that happen?

Two graduations, a Water Festival, a Solutions Fair, 16 poetry papers, and 45 personal narratives later. . . . It's mid-late June. The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn ClubThe Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil McNeil
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yay! I was looking for a fun, well-written, funny series that might fill the space left by Raefella Barker's Summertime and Hens Dancing, and here is it! I got all three at our neighbor's yard sale (seventy-five cents, baby!), and they are a huge pleasure. Fluffy, but tightly written with likable characters and great dialogue, the first one kept me reading when I should've been asleep, and then I bolted the second one down in about two days. One more to go--but I'll be looking for more Gil McNeil after this!

Needles and Pearls: A Beach Street Knitting Society NovelNeedles and Pearls: A Beach Street Knitting Society Novel by Gil McNeil
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Second one: I barely stopped in between, and it's just as good as the first!

View all my reviews

No comments: