Friday, February 5, 2016

February 5: Unexpected but 100% Welcome: Snow Day!



So suddenly yesterday afternoon someone mentioned that we might get snow on Friday. . .  and we did! AND we have a three day weekend! It was 47 degrees on my drive to school on Thursday, but the winds have changed, and it's snowing hard, and I went back to bed at 5:30 and slept till 8 am. What a piece of wonderful! 


A good deal of my morning has looked like the above, but, ultimately, it has ended up looking like this: 
a great deal of the morning, so soon I will go eat some lunch and then settle in to knit in earnest––I think. I may sew instead, or write some personalized letters to go with some packages. . . . What a wonderful, lazy, restorative day. Tonight we are planning to go see "Patience" at the Grand if it happens: the snow is supposed to continue till 10 pm, so they may postpone, but we're game if it's on. If it's not, my day may not even feature a shower. What luxury. 


No comments: