Sunday, January 31, 2016

Jan. 30: Goodbye, First Month!

Summer HalfSummer Half by Angela Thirkell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

ACTUALLY LISTENED TO THE HACHETTE AUDIO VERSION READ BY PENELOPE FREEMAN!

What a terrific story: Thirkell has captured the idiosyncrasies of a variety of people, classes, ages, and professions, and created a story that enchants and entertains. Penelope Freeman, the reader, does a fantastic job bringing it all to life. What a great way to entertain myself through January in Maine and the end of my semester! Anglophile escapism at its finest.

Trouble is a Friend of MineTrouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sharp, funny, original ya mystery. Dialogue is great; plot is over-the-top but anchored by likable, interesting characters. I can't wait to read what else Tromly comes out with!

View all my reviews

No comments: