Saturday, August 18, 2018

August 18, 2018: Rainy Summer Saturday!

What a summer it's been: hot, dry, and humid in a way I've never experienced in Maine before! We've broken records, etc., and had a sense (both political and environmental) of hurtling towards disaster that has been enervating at times. HOWEVER, it's important to make a few steps forward, to keep gentle with ourselves and each other, and to Mary Oliver our lives a bit.

So: lots of pies, lots of facetimes with Nate and Vianney, nice times with Lyle, loving times with old dog Zeus even as it's clear this will be his last summer (lots of cleaning up), some nice movies, plays, and books, practicing my banjo and working on my knitting and my sewing projects. Good times with my beloved: we swam the Echo Lake swim, we went to a SeaDogs game with Ann, Dad, and Nate (so hot, so hot, so hot, but fun!), we watched a lot of Red Sox, we continue to play backgammon. . . . I will post pictures.

So today I want to see about the farmer's market for eggplant so we can have ratatouille for dinner, and I want to run, possibly see a movie (Crazy Rich Asians?) and also sew, Duolingo, and banjo. So I need to get moving. It's nearly 11! But also nice to move in a leisurely fashion. Soon enough, we'll be in school mode, and while I love that, it sure ain't leisurely.


No comments: