Saturday, April 17, 2010

April 17: The Saturday of Vacation

Well, it's finally here! The week was busy but good, with my 9/10 English class being especially, surprisingly, focused yesterday, which was a delight! I wound down the week by turning in the schedule for next year (my first time to plan it as dept. head), getting the nasturtium seeds for Earth Day Sunday next week at church, and then a really nice knitting group after school. To top it off, we had BH-made pizza as we watched "Mamma Mia!" (fun) and then Younger and I cleaned under his bed, step one of the Total Room Cleaning we have planned for this week. Yikes!

Sunday we leave for Boston: it will be great to see some of BH's family, and (gulp) to visit some colleges with Elder. We're hoping to get back on Tuesday night. . . best case, we'll have a nice family time, enjoy a change of venue to do some fun Boston stuff, and I'll get a chance to do some knitting en route. Not-so-best-case, we get cranky because we spend too much time rushing around and being crammed into our Toyota. . . and I forget something integral and can't knit! Well, good thing I'm an optimist.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand BH just walked into the den and announced, "It's snowing!" Which it is. Who says a good vacation has to be a warm one?

No comments: