Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday: March 29: Happy SUNNY Palm Sunday!

Dreaming Spies (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes #13)Dreaming Spies by Laurie R. King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Some Laurie King's I like; some drag a bit or a lot and come alive better as audios than on the printed page. Dreaming Spies, however, is terrific: full of interesting characters, fascinating details about life in Japan in the 1920's, and fast-paced enough to keep everything clipping along. I haven't read many books about the countryside of Japan--most of them involve the big cities, which sound way too crowded and built-up for my taste--so King's descriptions were interesting and novel. I still need to ponder the end a bit--this is definitely a rereadable novel on my list!--but it gets two thumbs up from me!

View all my reviews

No comments: