Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday's Tasks

It's raining steadily, and has been all night, so this will be an unapologetically indoors day, except for a run in a few hours. To the huge credit of Mr. Andrew, I slept in till 7:45 (after removing the kitten from our room around 4:30 am). Nice way to celebrate a rainy summer day!   N is driving, and I hope to work on my dress (almost finished the cutting out yesterday. Am especially happy to have found this tutorial/sew-along to help me!) and do some school-related computer work.

However, our big mission is to get quotes for flooring for the kitchen/bathroom, living room, and Nate's room from small local flooring places. Tally ho!

Off to read while I finish breakfast. . .


Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18)Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Well, my ration of fluff is well and truly filled! This Stephanie Plum had all the over-the-top craziness of the middle books in the series, but still felt like a stronger piece of work than some of the woeful ones. Evanovich did a nice job with a flashback explaining a key development in the plot, revealing small details until the middle of story, a technique that added some suspense to the plot as a whole. Overall, it was a good outing with Stephanie, Lula, and the gang.  Happy summer!


View all my reviews

No comments: