Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday: New Stuff

I'm still not sure why I can be so resistant to trying new things.

Hmmmmm.

Cases in point:  yoga class today was great. It was hard--not on the surface, but I was dripping sweat, and my muscles were jumping by the end. The teacher had us do some balance work with our eyes closed--and that was a real challenge. But I also felt like my mind had been worked, too, and that's a huge bonus. I hope I head back next week!

And I also worked at our church's weekly free dinner for a prep shift today. That was less fun, simply because the program, while worthy, has kinks to work out, like so many beginning volunteer programs do. However, I got to know a couple from our church who are a lot of fun, and we kept our resolute "Just tell me what needs doing!" faces on, and when we ran out of jobs to do, I booked it out. Done.

Two round trips to town today on my trusty Bianchi bicycle, neither in a downpour, but neither in sun. This is getting a dite old, as we're getting a dite moldy. However, am not in charge, and have plenty of work to do inside, so onwards! Anyway, I was pleased to have stuck to my "one purpose trip" idea so far (three days. Oh well). Swimming tomorrow.

The portolio dress sew-along amazes me. It's incredibly detailed and illuminating: I am whipping through my dress with more sense of awareness and appreciation than I've ever felt before, and I am really grateful to the two women who made the tutorials in the first place. What a selfless act! I've been listening to Great Expectations while I sew, which is a pleasure, but I am feeling an overwhelming sense that my dress is gonna be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big. We'll see.

Carpet measuring people came today. Now we need to pick colors and then GO!

No comments: