Sunday, June 14, 2015

June 14: REALLY?

Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied VictoryOperation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory by Ben Macintyre
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've been super busy these few weeks, but I also found Operation Mincemeat a fairly slow read. It got rave reviews from my sister and my husband, but I realized, once I finished it (yesterday) that I found it interesting but ponderous. There were so many details, and so many layers of deception and spies and counter spies and what exactly is a double agent, anyway?. . . . that it took considerable concentration to get through the story, fascinating as the plot is.

Interesting but slow going.

I'm going for some fluff reading next!

View all my reviews

Summer has finally arrived, according to the weather, but we have another week of school left, so my time has been short. Between various arrivals, departures, a somewhat-more-intense-than-normal Pilgrim Lodge weekend, the Library's Rainbow Readers' Race, etc., etc., my go-to "reads" have been audiobooks! Still, that will change soon.

And the weather is lovely.

No comments: