Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 23: Looky! Looky!

(Do kids say that anymore? We used to, all the time!)

BUT. . . here we go. . . .

1. Younger's triumphant hat for his show choir pianist's first baby, due in June:


I am delighted to report that the recipient, Colin, was ecstatically impressed and a wonderful gift-getter. So nice when that happens!

2. Amaryllis of wonder. I bought two and gave one to my friend Marie, and it exploded into beautiful blossoms of white and pink, three stalks' worth, each with five blooms. Mine, scarlet, is on its third stalk as well, this one with four blossoms (the other two had two gorgeous trumpets each). Easily worth the $12.95 for each! What show-stoppers!







3. And, finally, I finished the Charybdis socks from the Glass of Fashion website for my sister-in-law!! One (poor) picture, featuring Younger's feet. . .




Not crazy about the pooling of color in the yarn, but it is a wonderful pattern and I hope to make it again! Hope she likes 'em!

It's raining steadily and has done all day. Reading for a bit now. Yay, Tuesday!

No comments: