Sunday, April 5, 2009

4/5: Reading (but no pictures)

I meant to do pictures--of the still brown but snow-free lawn, of my little stubborn green shoots of bulbs sticking up, of my lovely new Cricket yarn, soft grey blue, for my February Lady sweater, of my great new fabric for try three of the Summer blouse. . . but no. I feel curiously overwhelmed and underachieving. Probably hormonal, but also end of marking period and grey of weather, two weeks before vacation, and a VERY busy start of week. . . .

So I will post that I finished reading the fourth book in a series I like despite my best efforts, Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series. This one is The Temptations of the Night Jasmine, and I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. A few plot lines were completely dropped, a few anachronisms were too glaring for even my fond eye to overlook, and the protagonists weren't as compelling as they often are, but. . . . I enjoyed it. I found it at the library on a stop-on-a-whim on Tuesday, in the rain, and I finished it yesterday while swatching for my FL sweater. Quite a nice way to get that done!

So though it is raining slowly but rawly, though the grass is not yet burgeoning and green, though I wish I were a lot more together in my grading and tomorrow was not such a madhouse. . . I feel pretty Springy, and I'll even try to hunt up a picture of the very pretty cover to share that feeling!

No comments: