Saturday, February 28, 2009

Feb. 28: LAST DAY! GOOD DAY!



Today was my Barcelona Skirt class at Sewing by the Sea. I signed up in January and looked forward to it for a long time, and it was a lot of fun! The pic above shows off my pretty darn good invisible zipper (as well as my flamboyant fabric). I'd post a show off pic with me in it, but I don't shave my legs till Sunday and today is Saturday, so, you see. . . . you really should wait! I think the skirt could be made to fit "varied bodies" (shall we say) much better by adding a bit of elastic as well as the zipper; I am still longing for a pattern like my Garnet Hill skirts that do away with the zipper all together. However, the pattern fits quite well and I will be making it again, I'm fairly sure.

When I got home, it was a sunny/lovely day, so Younger, Zeus, and I went for a nice walk--a long one for Z since his surgery--and we spotted two bald eagles eating something on the ice on the river and watched them for a long time. Pretty nifty.

So. February by blog. I will write again tomorrow, just to make up for missing on the 26th. . . There's a pretty promising forecast for Sunday night/Monday, if one's interests lean toward snow days!

Ciao!

No comments: